Our Kings goalie training is run by Goalie Director Will Contento. Coach Contento and our other Kings Goalie coaches manage all our youth and high school goalie training throughout the year. Every goalie will receive a mix of group and small group skills training, as well as team-based training, and in-game analysis. Each goalie will also receive individual evaluations (online) and in person. All the training builds on itself and is set up to track a young goalie’s progression through all the stages of development.
In addition to all the Kings team trainings and skills throughout the year, our Kings goalies also receive:
- We have 6 group goalie-specific skills & technique sessions.
- We also have goalie coaches at all the team-training sessions to assist with goalie warmups and situational team drills.
- 8-10 goalie specific indoor skills nights.
- We also have goalie coaches at our March team practices assisting with warm ups and team drills.
- Goalies will receive an online evaluation via Team Genius at the end of the winter program.
- Youth: Our goalie coaches will attend all at least 2 spring games for all our Kings Youth teams and give an individual evaluation for each goalie.
- High School: Our goalie coaches will attend all at least 1 high school game at the school you are playing at and give an individual evaluation for each goalie.
- Summer (tournament season)
- Each goalie will one small group goalie session (max 3 goalies) with one of our goalie coaches.
The Kings goalie program has become integral part to the success of our program. With our year round focus on the position, our goalies are given the opportunity to become the most skilled and fearless at their position!
Youth & High School